Tuesday, February 19, 2008

They're still a bunch of lazy people

So, I've gotten a few attacks on my logic and conclusions in my last post. The more I've thought about it the more I've decided they're probably right, at least to some extent. There are a lot of computer savvy people in the generations between mine and the one that has done most of the current genealogy (they built most of the current technology). People like Ransom Love are already defining the future of family history. They'll get things off to a running start long before my generation gets off their duffs.

It has also been said that when my generation gets old we'll will be just as far behind technology as the older generations are now. I think we'll have to wait and see about that one. I'm sure we'll be behind but, having been raised on computers, we may be better equipped to adapt. I hope so anyway...

p.s. The title "They're all just a bunch of lazy people" is something a really old guy literally yelled from the pulpit in church one Sunday referring to missionaries these days. Apparently, back in the good ole days he was much more diligent than they are today.

No comments: